The Toledo Police Museum in Ottawa Park was originally incorporated in 1985. Then located in the Toledo Public Safety Building, it
closed in 1994 when the space was required for other purposes. All the exhibits went into storage until June, 2011. The historic building
that now houses the Police Museum was previously the Ottawa Park Nature Center. Constructed in 1927 as an open air shelter house,
the building is octagonal in shape, made of brick and cut stone with terrazzo floors. It contains a large display area, offices and
Designed and maintained by the Ottawa - Jermain Park Advisory Board Toledo OH © 2017
The Toledo Police Museum is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization, whose mission is to preserve unique Police history, educate, honor
and memorialize fallen officers. The Museum is 100% funded by donations from individuals and corporate sponsors. Their board of directors
and volunteers are in charge of staffing the museum.
The Museum believes in the power of history to provide enjoyment, pay homage to those who have served before us, and forever memorialize
the proud history of the Toledo Police Department. The museum will intrigue and educate children with its interactive exhibits which
include being locked inside a jail cell, activating police lights, have their mug shot taken with the original Toledo Police mug shot
camera, or peeking inside a replica 1948 police wagon. Adults can see the events that shaped both the City of Toledo and the Toledo
Police Department, as they come to life in the historic timeline display. History buffs will enjoy the historical artifacts: some
dating back to the late 1800's, including equipment, transportation, badges, photographs, police uniforms, weapons and technology.
So come visit the Police Museum in Ottawa Park. Bring a picnic lunch and enjoy the park, playgrounds, shelter house and all the other
venues Ottawa Park offers. There is also a Police Sub-Station in Ottawa Park; just east of the Museum.
Friday & Saturday 10 AM - 4 PM
Museum admission is free. Tours can still be arranged by calling 419-720-2485. Donations are
welcome and appreciated.